Monday, September 12, 2005

In and Out and Back in Again

So I never watched the movie In and Out starring Kevin Kline. Just never got around to it. It happens to be on USA right now so after Law & Order SVU I decided to keep crocheting and not change the channel.

This movie is stuffed full of stupid cliche gay jokes - it's actually just stuffed full of plain stupid. Why did so many people like this movie? I found myself being grateful that we have come farther than this with respect to homosexuality - and then I remember Rick Santorum and the gozillion other gaybashing bigots in the world and realize we haven't come very far at all.

On the bright side, I forgot that a guy I went to high school with was in this movie. Aside from the coach who faked his own death to spur his team into victory, he's probably one of the most famous guys the school turned out.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Those gays are so entertaining though! But just like clowns, make sure we keep them away from the children.

sigh

Heathen said...

I remember thinking while watching that movie "Oh, OK. So if a man acts at all effiminate, that means he is gay, whether he knows it or not." I think that I acually paid money to see that movie, which still pisses me off.