Sunday, April 10, 2005

Random Wishes for DeLayed Justice

Hi, thanks for coming back. Here we go.


The other day I was driving behind a mini-van, which had a window sticker from my high school. Then I noticed the license plate frame said "Northwestern Wildcats" which made the purple pawprint window sticker in the other corner of the rear window make more sense.

Then I noticed the entire mini-van was purple.

And I thought my Illinois wallpaper on my cell phone was lame.

"That's all right, that's ok, you're gonna work for us someday!" I bet the driver of that van sings that in his/her sleep.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

If there's anyone in the free world that I wish a "Money's on the dresser, Chocolate" moment on, it's House Majority Leader Tom DeLay. What a frigging Cornelia Unt. I think he's suckier than Bush and on the road to being suckier than Karl Rove. But people in his own party are
turning against him, or at least not totally turning a blind eye to his shenanigans. (And believe me, a blind eye is easy to get when you've just had a load of Santorum spewed in your face) I don't dare to hope for too much, but I might have more faith in mankind if the Republicans bitchslapped him. Ok, no I wouldn't. But it'd be pretty sweet.
-------------------------------------------------
This weekend, I went where no knitter has gone before. Ok, where I as a knitter have never gone before.

I. KNIT. A. HAT.

It's true! I knit something that was not a variant of a rectangle!!! Granted, it's a baby hat that looks like a cute fuzzy baby blue half-rolled condom with the reservoir pulled WAAAAY out.
Meg would be proud. But I can knit hats now and that's all that matters. I am going to knit a bright blue one with a red stripe and tail at the top for my quasinephew Alex so that he may be properly protected against the insidious influence of his Sox-lovin' mom.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Whoever the hell it was who went to the Cubs' home-opener and jinxed them, thanks a whole hell of a lot.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I really hope the Wal-Marts in Germany are less gross than the Wal-Marts here. I really don't see the Wal-Marts here as somewhere to go pick up a man. However, I might be convinced to do it just for the wealth of blogging material I would get. As I am naturally a psycho freak magnet, I can't imagine what my yield would be if I purposely made myself a target for the local talent at Wal-Mart.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Laura said...

Congrats on the hat. You have patience I could never have..

The jinxer has got to be Joe - he went to both losing games. It's Karmic justice for him neglecting our community service day for a cubs game (it just so happens that the two coincide every year)... If the cubs lose every game he attends, he will then be square with Krishna