Sunday, February 18, 2007

Mixed Emotions

A list of emotions (in no particular order)
  • Resignation: I have to fly out to Boston tomorrow to help a client with an installation. Thankfully it's a short trip and I'll be back late Wednesday night. Hopefully everything goes well. I also remembered late today that I would only need a carry-on bag and had no quart size Ziploc bags for any possible liquid thing I might need to take with, necessitating a quick trip to Walgreen's trying to find bags and hygiene products in 3 oz size or less. Sigh.
  • Confusion: Why am I supposed to care that Britney Spears shaved her head?
  • Gratitude: It didn't seem so cold out today and next week is supposed to warm up nicely (i.e. constant double-digit temperatures). The snowblower came out twice last week and I am so sick of dirty slushy white piles and cold.
  • Discomfort: My back hurts. Getting older and falling apart is starting to suck.
  • Happiness: I am crushing on a boy (well, a man) who seems to like me in return. Cute? Yes. Sweet? Yes. And that just describes me - he brings even more to the party.
  • Fear: See happiness. Wondering and waiting to see what happens.
  • Contentment: curling up on the couch with my two favorite kitties is still one of the best feelings ever.

3 comments:

Laura said...

It is rather nice outside today (and yesterday too). Though now we have a glacier-lake in front of our house...

Hee, crushing is fun. Like I said, enjoy the honeymoon period. When one of you dutch-ovens the other, that part is over... ;)

Heathen said...

Dutch-ovens? What is that?

And I agree, crushing is fun, as is curling up on the couch, especially when it is nasty outside. I can't speak on the 2 cat issue- I have only one, and she is way too into sticking her butt in my face to enjoy her being on the couch with me for long. Oh well, at least she's not peeing on it again....

Laura said...

A Dutch Oven is when you and your significant other are lying in bed and one of you farts and pulls the covers up over the others' head, thus trapping them... Am I the only one that knows what this is??