Monday, April 23, 2007

Observations

My chubby kitty Molly is lying next to me on the couch, steadily cranking out her little boat-motor purr. If I rub her belly she meeps and paddypaws the air. She makes me very happy.

I watched part of a tv show this weekend about wedding planning where the bride's gown was $7,000 and the budget for the wedding was another $80,000. There is just no way I can relate to that. I guess it says something about the very massive range of priorities we humans can have. Or something like that.

The boy and I saw the new baby polar bear at Brookfield Zoo on Saturday. He was so ridiculously cute...the crowd erupted in cheers when he emerged from a hiding place in the bear grotto. I wonder what goes through his head when that happens.

Billy Ray Cyrus is performing on ABC's Dancing with the Stars. He doesn't have a mullet anymore. He does however have a soul patch, which I consider to be the second-most cringeworthy accessory that a man can have outside of a leather bananahammock. That's really all I can say about that.

Dual-tuner DVR's aren't the best thing ever. But they are pretty freaking cool.

I've been thinking I should try to start a new knitting project but I have no idea what. Every once in a while I think about trying to learn to knit socks but I've just not been in the mood for complete and total frustration.

I have the latest Amy Tan novel, Saving Fish From Drowning, but ever since I read an article that mentioned she is friends with Rupert Murdoch, I've been less inclined to pick it up and finish it. Maybe he's a lovely person outside of his evil News Corp regime, but I kind of doubt it. It might be unfair to judge/dismiss a person's work based on what you know of his/her personal life, but I can't help it that I hear Bill O'Reilly whining every time I look at the book now.

No comments: