Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Grandma Always Said "Don't Stick Your Hands in the Crazy"

I don't have any specific events to write about, so welcome to my stream of consciousness.

Old Navy shows no signs of repentance. A bathing suit commercial that ruins the Go-Go's "Our Lips Are Sealed"??? Wrong on SO MANY levels. Old Navy makes me fear for the future of our country, almost (but not quite) more than snot-nosed cell-phone-toting hooker teenagers.

I really wish concubines were legal. And that I would possibly have a shot in hell with Jon Stewart if they were. Or the snarky doc from Scrubs. Actually I don't know that the snarky doc is married. Maybe I should concentrate my efforts there. Seeing as how dudes kissing has the nation's fruit-of-the-looms in a twist, I probably shouldn't hold my breath hoping a petite Jewish entertainer can get him some hot harem action. And that I will be anywhere near the top of the waiting list.

Men should not ever wear ruffled shirts.

I sense Adam Sandler may be going the way of Eddie Murphy (on a much reduced scale of course) His latest movie appears to be about his organizing a prison football team (where he is an inmate) and the madcap high jinks that ensue. When I saw this commercial, had my expression gotten any flatter, my face would have gone concave.

Sometimes you just have to close your windows and yell at the top of your lungs (or the middle of your lungs if you live in a duplex) - "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!" Your cats will eventually come out from under the couches.

Renee Zellweger got married to some country music star after dating for 4 months. Thanks to celebrities, I never have to lose hope for my own marital aspirations. If it can happen for rich people, surely it can happen for me. That's what GWB tells me anyway.

Ok off to bed for me.
Toodles,
D

3 comments:

cillic said...

Haven't done this in a while:

Old Navy shows no signs of repentance.

All I have to say is, Karma is a bitch. That and my plan to take a nice, steaming dump inside every Old Navy store I see.

I really wish concubines were legal.

Do you have ANY idea how seriously that would FUCK America up... actually being open about extramarital issues... having sex with whomever we want... ah, I long for the glorious days of Rome...

Men should not ever wear ruffled shirts.

But I WANT to be a pirate!

I sense Adam Sandler may be going the way of Eddie Murphy...

I highly disagree here. I think Sandler is doing the right thing... doing the traditional 'Sandler' style films, making his $20 mil a pop, then doing stuff like Punch Drunk Love and Spanglish. I think he's got real potential to be a good, if not great, actor in the right rolls.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!

...not as wounded as we were lead to believe... so much the better! --queue gladiator music--

Renee Zellweger got married to some country music star after dating for 4 months.

Why do people like this woman. I mean, someone needs to loosen the draw string that pinches her face up in the middle like that. She looks like she has a lemon implanted in her sinuses.

R said...

I too was so revolted by that Old Navy commercial I turned the channel. Fuck the Go-Gos for selling that song.
Concubines should SO be legal. I mean, except for the blatant feminist issues I have with the concept (like, er, rank); it might make things simpler. I'm glad I'm not the only person to have thought of this.
Adam Sandler sucks ass is all I have to say. Poor boy got the fuzzy end of the lollipop when he sold his soul to be famous.
And yes, I thought the same thing about Renee Zellweger. Marital aspirations. Hee.

Laura said...

This is America! We value the sanctity of marriage so much that many of us get married several times. As long as you can afford the ceremony, the divorce attorney and have a decent pre-nup - have at it!

Generally Old Navy sucks anyway. I've never found anything there but t-shirts and occasionally a pair of pants. I hate their color schemes, and most of their clothes are designed for women with no tits.