Monday, May 16, 2005

Oops (Or, They Say It Was Your Birthday)

While plowing through a backlog of unread emails in my hotmail account, I came across a birthday reminder for one Dr. Cowboy Joe Filkins. (who is second runner-up for being the Undisputed Sweet Baboo of My Life) It was Tuesday, May 10. Heh heh. Ooops.

So in honor of one of Dr. Filkins' favorite media, caustic haiku, I offer this in repentance and regret.

I am a loser
I forgot your birthday, Joe
You forgot mine too.

Huh. Amazing what your stream of consciousness speaking through haiku will remind you of. To the best of my memory, Cowboy Joe wrote me no poetry for my birthday. I don't feel bad anymore. And now you're third runner-up in the Sweet Baboo of My Life contest. You better be prepared to put up one HELL of a showing in the swimsuit competition to regain your standing.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Three guys in a swimsuit competition with Donna as the judge? That can only end badly.

I just had a very scary vision... I am channeling Jim Carey ala In Living Color...