Monday, October 03, 2005

Of Feline Discourse and Other Things

My cats do not love each other. I think my second cat, Molly, ranges from indifference to a mild desire to be friends with Guinness. He on the other hand, ranges from elder-statesman condescension/civility to outright bitchslapping. If they were to be equipped with Meowlinguals (which I would never allow them to be), I think it would go something like this:

(Untranslated conversation)
Guinness: "Murr."
Molly:"Mew-oo."

(Translated conversation)
Guinness: "Bitch."
Molly: "Asshole."


The Bears thankfully didn't lose this weekend, since they didn't play this weekend. My alma mater, Illinois, further distinguished themselves a week after their 61-14 obliteration by Michigan State, by losing to Iowa 35-7. I feel somehow that this is all Barry Bonds' fault.


I assigned myself way too many knitting projects and have been knitting like your grandma on speed.


I'm going to visit my best friend for her birthday this weekend. She lives in Springfield. It will at least be nice to be together.


If you can have a Supreme Court Chief Justice who's been a judge for all of 45 minutes, I guess you can have a Justice who's never been a judge at all. I'm starting to think that the Supreme Court is like getting a job at the Gap - only you have to be one of Dubya's friends first.

1 comment:

Laura said...

No experience necessary seems to be the tagline for all his job postings...

You know a veternarian who wants to be in charge of Women's Health? I know, I know. Bush thought he knew a lot about bitches.

My cats cycle between outright hatred and tolerance of each other as well.