Friday, December 29, 2006

Vacation Should Never End

I can't believe it's Friday already. I love being on vacation. Sleeping late, plus I've actually managed to be mildly productive and get rid of a ton of junk in my house. De-cluttering feels so amazingly good. However I've been careful not to go around the bend and turn into my mother who lines up her remote controls with razor precision on the coffee table.

On a sad note, a friend's mother lost her battle with breast cancer right before Christmas. My friend's been so amazing and strong through it all. It really makes me admire her more, and it brings home the fact that life is too short to keep saying "oh I'll get in touch with so-and-so sometime - I don't have time today." So one of my new resolutions will be to stay in better touch with my friends. Friends are too valuable to be put on the back burners of my life.

Tonight I'll be seeing my best friend and one of our other friends for dinner. Knowing us, we will eat way too much. So be it, that's what vacation's about. I have a feeling I'll lose my appetite in January while looking forward to both the Bears flubbing the playoffs and my 11-day trip for work at the end of the month. Sigh.

Toodles!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Sorry about your friend's mom. Good to know you're enjoying vacation at least, eh? We never did get back for fondue - we'll have to reschedule for Jan/Feb...