Sunday, December 03, 2006

Musin' on a Sunday Afternoon

I've heard a good amount of grumbling in the last week that the Chicago Bears have to be the most reviled 9-2 (10-2 as of today) team in the NFL. And it's true. But it's true for a good reason. The Bears don't play like a 10-2 team. The defense plays like a 12-0 team. The offense plays like they got stuck in the movie Groundhog Day - every single week they forget they have a running game that actually works and instead dial up stupid big bomb passes. Rex Grossman makes bad decisions on the field. Ron Turner makes bad decisions in the booth. And Lovie Smith should have reeled all their stupid asses in a long time ago. The defense deserves an offense that will do something productive and give them the time they need to rest in between possessions. But instead they're stuck with...Groundhog Day.

I'm nearly done with holiday shopping. Yesterday I made a small road trip to procure some gifts that I hope people will really like - can't discuss details here in case one or three of my giftees is reading. I was coming back down 94 on my way to another mall and saw a car consumed in flames. Horrible. I'm hoping the passengers got out before it caught fire. The mall was filled with the normal crazy of the holidays, compounded by the fact that the parking lots were kind of a mess thanks to the snowquake on Friday. I really don't understand how these teenage girls stay so thin when they walk SO SLOWLY - unless they burn all their calories talking "OMG did you hear what he said about her? And then she went and told him off and you would NOT believe what he went and did..." Ugh. I know I'm getting old but I really cannot remember acting like such a self-centered ass at that age.

Yesterday I also managed to put up my tree! I haven't put on the ornaments yet, but the pre-lit glory is up and operational, so that's progress for me. Along with a puddle of puke containing artifical pine needles since my cat Guinness INSISTED on sampling the branches - no matter how often those branches have made him puke in the past.

I have the requisite office holiday party this coming Saturday and it doesn't look as though the weather will give me an out like it did last year. Oh well, at least we're having it at a Brazilian churrascaria type restaurant so the food should be good.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Maybe you can accidentally trip one of the servers at the restaurant and "accidentally" impale a certain co-worker... That'd be fun, I think.

You took a road trip for cheese?