Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Lightning Round Blog Revisited

I just received an email from cubs.com informing me that I need to register for the chance to buy dugout, bleacher box, and/or bullpen box seats for the 2007 Cubbie home games. I do love my Cubbies but I think I'll take a pass on this, the older I get, the more trouble it seems it is to buy Cubs tickets. Anyway, 2008 is going to be our year.

I'm going to Vegas from the 19th-23rd. Yay! I've only been to Vegas for work, not fun, and we're staying at the Luxor which I've never been to. Work gets so much more difficult to tolerate when there's a fun vacation on the horizon.

McDonald's tests a bigger burger.
I hardly see this as necessary, but as LK reminded me, when has necessity factored into anything concerning McDonald's?

I am finally better once again. Breathing through two open nostrils is a luxury I once took for granted. If I get sick again this year, Wayne Brady WILL be choking a bitch.

READER POLL: Out of curiousity, what's the strangest thing you ever did in your sleep (that you know of, since of course you need credible witnesses seeing as how you were, you know, asleep) Leave a comment and let's see if we can get some good stories out of this.

My weirdest one was having a full, coherent conversation with a college roommate about the quiz I was supposed to be taking in biology that morning. Apparently she asked if I didn't need to get up since I had an 8am quiz but I informed her that it had been cancelled, and when her alarm went off, I instructed her to (if I recall correctly) "shut that f*cking thing off." Then I woke up at 7:50 for my 8am quiz which WAS still on and, crying the whole time, jammed my contacts in and some clothes on and took off.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Well, I think your story takes the cake, but we'll see what we get out of this...

Mine was, back in high school (living at home), I vaguely remember my dad telling me this: I got up in the middle of the night, my dad was still up (he was always a night owl). I went into the kitchen, asked him for a quarter, went to the bathroom, gave him back his quarter, and went back to bed. I have no idea what I did with the quarter, so don't ask. I can't remember if I was sick and maybe on a NyQuil high or something, but that's mine....

Have fun in Vegas...