Thursday, May 17, 2007

I Can Name That Trainwreck in Two Notes!

My friend Kim just sent me this email:

Does anyone else foresee disaster with this just-announced CBS fall show...


"What will undoubtedly prove to be one of the most polarizing shows on its schedule is "Kids Nation," a reality show that takes 40 children aged 8 to 15 and drops them in an abandoned mining town without any grown ups, where they need to form their own government. How do they do? Let's just say the clips featured lots of tears and lots of yelling."


Who doesn't like shows about a bunch of crying kids in an abandoned mine town? Hopefully they'll also solve Scooby Doo style mysteries too. Unless it turns into a Children of the Corn style bloodbath instead.


Uh.

Yeah.

I'll take women crying about a man they just met over this imminent clusterf*ck.

ETA: The psych major in me is somewhat curious to see how this plays out. Social dynamics both fascinate and (potentially) terrify me. Plus the base, dirty human in me just can't pass a good trainwreck.

3 comments:

S.M. Elliott said...

That. Is so. Effed up.
But...I bet the kids will be more stable and mature than the folks on "Survivor".

tshsmom said...

What kind of parent would let their child do this?! Never mind, I know some parents who would see this as a "wonderful opportunity".
You'd think that this would violate some sort of child protection law.

S.M. Elliott said...

Yeah, generally dumping off your kids in an abandoned mining town is a no-no. But I think a lot of stage moms will, sadly, see this as Jr's big break. ;P