Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Michael Vick isn't the only f*ckwit in the NFL

Skins players ridicule dog fighting as crime

My favorite parts of this article are:

In an interview with WAVY-TV, Portis said that if the Atlanta Falcons quarterback is charged and convicted of being involved in a dog fighting operation, then authorities would be "putting him behind bars for no reason."

"I don't know if he was fighting dogs or not," Portis said. "But it's his property; it's his dogs. If that's what he wants to do, do it."

Portis said dog fighting is a "prevalent" part of life.


followed by:

Hours after making light of the possible crime in the television interview, Portis issued a statement late Monday through the Redskins.

"In the recent interview I gave concerning dog fighting, I want to make it clear I do not take part in dog fighting or condone dog fighting in any manner," the statement said.

In other words:

"The team management and my agent told me I'm a fuckwit and I best start backpedaling."

No comments: