Thursday, July 05, 2007

STFU Already!

I imagine this is what my 7 readers are thinking, as I feel I've been excessively bloggy lately. Blame a slow work week and the need to keep my fingers in fighting (typing?) trim.

It's been a pretty good holiday week, everyone seems to have blown town for the whole week as traffic's been nonexistent, even going into Chicago yesterday there was hardly anyone on the road. I had a tasty and fun brunch with some friends (which was admittedly harder to get than we expected due to some places being closed for the 4th) and then saw Transformers with John and Laura. I really thought it was quite fun and wasn't taking itself too seriously until a certain "You're a soldier now!" moment that could have been served on a nice Triscuit with wine. Wine out of a box. Anyway, I still had a better time than I did at I, Robot. But then again I have better times at dental cleanings than I did at I, Robot.

I saw this bumper sticker on the road yesterday and thought it was quite cool.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
From xpressyourview.com:
This unique image shows the interdependence of man, woman and the major religions of the world, in capturing the positive life-sustaining messages of coexistence and peace.

The symbols include the Muslim Crescent and Five Pointed Star, a Peace Sign, Man & Women, the Jewish Star of David, Baha'i Star, Taoist Yin Yang and the Christian Cross.


I googled it and found there's a few logos similar to this but this is the one I saw yesterday and like the best out of the ones I've seen.

I saw this article this morning - Orgasm clip spices up EU meeting - and was thinking that although there is apparently some controversy over this, how much it would pale in comparison to the grand mal hissyfit that would ensue if any American body of anything were to do something similar. Granted, this was on youtube and not network tv, but it just served to remind me how ridiculous Americans are about sex. If you have genitalia, odds are you're going to figure out what they're used for, and no amount of positioning (sorry for the pun) sex as hush-hush-evil is going to change that. Gods forbid we teach our children what our bodies do and how to do it safely.

1 comment:

United We Lay said...

We also saw this bumper sticker recently. y husband loves it. I like it a lot, though I maintain that there are some things that we cannot compromise on.