Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Random Good Things and More Fun in Dating Internetz

Good Thing #1 (no, not trying to be Martha Stewart with Good Things)

Getting veil poi lesson from Donna Diva!  I got a mini-workshop this past Saturday on poi and veil poi.  Yes, I hit myself a lot but I made a lot of progress too!  Check out this pic I got of one of the other girls working the veil poi.

Conquering Veil Poi on 365 Project

Cool, right? Super-helpful to have a live person show you what you are and aren't doing right. I can't do it too often because my right arm was already hurting from lifting something weird but as soon as that's healed I am back on this!

Good Thing #2


Streaming Netflix to Wii.  Now, since my wireless router was from around when the earth's crust cooled, my Wii refused to connect to my wireless.  (Inter-technology snobbery!!!)  So since I already had a new laptop on the way, I decided to get a new router too.

Mollified, my Wii latched on to the new wireless setup and I was able to stream Netflix.

In a nutshell, this shit is dangerous.  DANGEROUS.  I was up ridonkolate for two nights watching Season 1 of Dexter.  OMFG that show is jacked up.  But uber easy to just sit there and get sucked in when I just have to lift one feeble hand with a Wiimote and click "Play next episode".  Again, DANGEROUS.  But awesome at the same time.

Good Thing #3


NEW LAPTOP.  Finally caved into getting a new machine, as my current laptop has a broken hinge and therefore a tendency to yaw open and fall completely flat if I'm not careful, plus I can have a full and balanced meal in the time it takes to boot up.

DON'T MIND ME, I'M JUST FUCKENORMOUS
New Gimongo Laptop! on 365 Project

I've never had a 17 in laptop before and while I find it a little unwieldy (especially with the sore arm) I am sure I will get used to it quickly.

And now we move on to the Strange World of Dating Internetz.

  • Really, if you want someone to keep on a leash, go get a dog.  I have no idea what about my profile made this guy think I would go for his psycho conditions, but really, it is not reasonable for you to expect that
    • I cannot go to a bar unless shackled securely to you and your evident trust issues.
    • I need to get rid of all my guy friends for you.  No, gay guy friends aren't acceptable either.  That was explicitly stated in this winner of a profile.
  • You live 40 miles away from me?  Well, ok, not insurmountable.  What's that?  You don't have a car?  Why did you write to me?  Are you going to run a marathon to meet me halfway?  (It's not like he just happened to miss my location, he asked where my town was in his first message because even though it's 40 miles away, he's never heard of it.  He's also apparently never heard of Google Maps.)
  • I don't care how good you think you are in bed (IT MUST BE TRUE BECAUSE HE WROTE HOW AWESOME HE IS ALL IN CAPS), I have no interest in hooking up with a married man.  I say it right there in my profile.  I even put asterisks around it.  Maybe I needed to put it in all caps and several languages.
  • Unless you are a male bellydancer, telling me that you regularly watch Shimmy on FitTV is only going to creep my shit out something fierce.
 The hits just keep coming.

Well I have to scoot and practice for the Tim Burton hafla - right now I feel VERY NOT GOOD about this solo but sadly, VERY NOT GOOD is a few steps up from where I was feeling about it last week.

Toodles, noodles
D

No comments: