Monday, June 25, 2007

Road Trip

This weekend I took a road trip with a friend to his hometown of Traverse City, Michigan, which is in the northwestern part of the state off Lake Michigan. The only part of Michigan I'd seen before this trip was eastern Michigan near Ann Arbor, so this was new to me. It was about a 6 hr drive from my house - not too horrible but that's easier to say when I didn't have to do the driving.

There are some really gorgeous views of the lake and hills in that area (yes, living in Illinois I am easily impressed by real hills) and I got to go down to the beach and stick my feet in the water for a bit. We also got to check out the winery at Black Star Farms in Suttons Bay - the wines seemed a bit strong to all of us but the Raclette cheese was quite tasty. All in all a really nice weekend, replete with embarrassing childhood stories about my friend and general abuse of said friend.

In other news, I start my bellydancing class 2 weeks from Thursday. I would bring a webcam so you all could see the glory of the seismic event that will be my ass shaking, except I know at least 3 of you bastards would put that crap up on youtube within seconds.

1 comment:

cillic said...

youtube, are you kidding me. I'd put it on infinite repeat on my blog!