Sunday, June 03, 2007

Stream of Consciousness

Seriously, the TB idiot's story still makes no sense to me. Now he's not even really married? Something stinks in the state of Denmark, but then again, it usually does around personal-injury lawyers.

Yesterday I got to see a bunch of people I went to high school with. It's so funny how we all look and act the same after 18 years. Ugh. Did I say 18 years? Anyway it was really good to see everyone.

I'm signed up for the bellydancing class at CLC. I would have liked to do the beginner yoga class as well but it conflicts timewise with the bellydancing and I doubt I'm ready for an intermediate yoga class. It starts July 12. In the meantime I got a bellydance instruction DVD to try and familiarize myself with some moves, and I am here to tell you folks, that shit is hard. I was fine doing circles with my hips, but then the freak bellydancing lady wanted me to do circles with my hips followed by circles with my pelvis followed by circles with my chest. My body just doesn't do things like that. Not yet anyway.

A Democratic Presidential candidate debate is on CNN right now and Wolf Blitzer seems to be moderating. This has to be giving him such a hard-on after so many fruitless soul-sucking months of covering JonBenet Ramsey leads and Anna Nicole Smith. Then again, (although I certainly agree with Democrats more than I'll ever agree with Republicans) it's quite possible that a sizable group of Democrats has the collective power to deflate any erection.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Maybe I'll hire you to dance at my graduation party next May... You and Heather can tag team and make all the boys faint... ;)

Heathen said...

Have fun with the belly dancing classes- they are HARD though, if you get someone who is teaching you how to move the underlying muscles (as opposed to just learning the movements). I found out last night after 8 months of on and off lessons that I still don't have one of the basic moves down correctly. There are people who have been taking lessons for 2 years who are still in the beginners class. But the benefits include (eventually) learning how to belly dance, a muscular booty, and being able to "roll" your torso up or down. Everytime I get home from class CilliC wants to see what I've learned.....