Sunday, January 23, 2005

Random Bits, Personal Accountability, and People with Nothing Better to Do

FOOTBALL FANS START HERE:
Heh heh oops - I really thought the Eagles would lose today. After all - they've suffered so many injuries - from choking. However, I really am glad to see Philly win. I would be REALLY glad to see Terrell Owens come back for the Super Bowl, for the Eagles to beat the Patriots, and for Rush Limbaugh's fat pasty stupid face to get rubbed into his own moronic commentary on black quarterbacks.

NON-FOOTBALL FANS START HERE:

What the hell's with this little whiny bitch? What kind of honor student signs up for a class knowing there's homework over the summer, and then tries to SUE about it? And what kind of moronic father backs him up on it? Not too hard to figure out where this kid's sense of accountability comes from.

Hey did you all know Spongebob is all about the Spongewang? I'm going to send these folks my shopping lists and some of my knitting to do as they obviously have nothing constructive to do with their time. If you guys have to dog on a gay cartoon, you would much better serve the world by turning your attention to that annoying neckerchiefed douchebag Fred on Scooby-Doo.

Speaking of knitting, I was in the waiting room at Toyota getting my car looked at. I brought my knitting along with me - I had about 1 1/2 feet done on a scarf for my moms. Unfortunately, the View was on - that talk show with 4 biddies of varying ages including the excruciatingly annoying Star Jones. The first time I looked up, they were cooing and gushing about Laura Bush's inaugural clothes. I think I threw up in my mouth a little. Next thing I know, Ice Cube is tucked up on the couch in the midst of the 4 biddies talking about his latest sellout, Are We There Yet? Hey I'm ok with him doing family films, but does he have to do one that looks like it sucks Satan's buttcheese? At this point, they tell me my car is done, so in a massive hurry to escape VapidBiddypalooza, I shove my knitting in my bag. Arriving home, I realize I've dropped a ton of stitches and basically have to start over. Well, at least it looks much better the second time around.

Holy snow huh? But believe it or not - my snowdrift neighbors somehow got hold of some snow removal method and cleared their driveway! This morning they had driven across their neighbors' driveway and on top of their snow so were parked diagonally in their driveway. But by the time I got back home they had cleared it all up. And again, I'd like to thank God for snowblowers. I cleared yesterday and today - yesterday I basically spent blowing snow into the wind to have it blown back on me. I tried turning in every angle that wouldn't blow snow all over my next door neighbors' driveway, but the wind defeated me every direction I tried. Still, it was much easier this morning with the work I'd done yesterday. My snowblower isn't big enough to handle stomach-high drifts, so there was a lot of poke drifts with the shovel, clear the fallen snow with the blower. Tedious, but at least I can get out of the driveway, and at least we didn't get what New England got.

Yes my Christmas tree is still up. I think I'll take it down this weekend though. Valentine's Day trees just don't work for me. If I could find one though, I'd take Carl's suggestion and put up a Festivus pole.

I watched Citizen Kane for the first time this weekend. I can't believe how hot Orson Welles used to be. Rosebud, y'all.

I think I'll be getting this book, God's Politics:How the Right Got It Wrong and the Left Doesn't Get It. I saw the author on the Daily Show last week and it was quite refreshing to see a Christian stating publicly that it's doubtful Jesus wanted Bush to wage war on towelheads for bullshit reasons and piss on the environment.

Johnny Carson died today. This is so sad. I always thought Jay Leno was a poor, poor replacement for JC. We'll miss you, Johnny. Thanks for the laughs.

Cheers,
D



No comments: