Thursday, January 06, 2005

Post-Holiday Random Thoughts

Happy New Year, comrades! Let's get random, shall we?

Evidence of the influence of pop culture in my life: when watching a movie that contained the phrase "nooks and crannies", the first thing I thought of was Thomas' English Muffins.

My Christmas tree is still up. I worked hard this year, scratching the crap out of my arms searching for the broken bulb that made a foot-tall chunk near the top of the tree go on strike. That fucker's staying up. I might just take off all but the red and white ornaments and call it a Valentine's tree.

Thank God for electric start snowblowers.

The tsunami and its aftermath are so horrifying. It's heartening to see people across the world band together and send help to these poor people. Then I see Hotel Rwanda and am reminded that people do terrible things to other people for no real reason, and other people won't step in to do anything unless there's something in it for them. There's no political repercussions from helping the victims of a natural disaster. (thank God, otherwise the tsunami victims would probably be shit out of luck as well)

I see VH1, in an effort to squeeze the last weary drop from the ratings boon started by "I Love the 80's", are putting out "I Love the 90's - Part Deux." Ok seriously, isn't it a little soon to be reminiscing about the 90's - again? (Ok ok ok, the footage of Bush the Elder puking on the Prime Minister of Japan always gets me giggling, but come on. This is the decade of "Who Let the Dogs Out", Lorena Bobbitt taking the "money" and running, the Macarena, and Al Gore doing the Macarena - badly.) What's next - "I Heart the 00's - We're Just Makin' Shit Up Now and Look Who's Still Watching"?

February 9, 2005 marks the Chinese New Year and the Year of the Rooster. Which yes, can also be thought of as the Year of the Cock. I'll let you giggle over that one a bit.

Status Check on Shitkicking-Grinning, Moronic, Asswipe Douchebag in the White House - yep! Still there! Which reminds me, I need to go stock up on hard liquor.

Someday I want to interview a technician who gives Brazilian bikini waxes and ask what their very worst client experience was. I'm envisioning something along the lines of flatulence triggered by flinching when the naughtybits hair is forcibly ripped out.

I just confirmed through the magic of Tivo that Resident Evil: Apocalypse contains a scene of Milla Jovovich leaping off a building wearing what can best be described as a white assless-chaps vinyl leotard. Surprisingly, this still is not enough to make me want to see this movie.

Is there anyone keeping track of how many dirty old men have bought "Girls Gone Wild" - and seen their own daughters on it?

Today I was in the kitchen while my baby kitty Molly was poking around my feet. I moved my foot suddenly and she jumped so high that in her arc of descent her butt was pointed straight at the ceiling. I probably took a whole kitty-year or two off her life but man, sometimes I just can't help laughing at the misfortune of others.

Ok that's it for now. Stay tuned for more. Someday. Or not. Who knows?

D

3 comments:

Laura said...

RE: Tsunami-I agree, it's easy and risk free to send a check. As someone commented on my blog earlier this week:

"...did you see the photos of the island in Thailand where the tidal wave took so many lives? Three days later, and the beach was full of American, Australian, Japanese and European tourists.....SUNBATHING!"

I know they rely on tourist money, but jeez that's gotta be a slap in the face. "Sorry about the natural disaster, may I have another daquiri please?"

cillic said...

Here we go again...

========================
Evidence of the influence of pop culture in my life: when watching a movie that contained the phrase "nooks and crannies", the first thing I thought of was Thomas' English Muffins.

cillic says: beats what I thought of... crooks and grannies.
========================
...that fucker's staying up. I might just take off all but the red and white ornaments and call it a Valentine's tree.

cillic says: Better yet, strip it of everything and make it a Festivus Pole of Shame.
========================
Thank God for electric start snowblowers.

cillic says: you're welcome.
========================
The tsunami... people do terrible things...

cillic says: Perspective, people, perspective. During the 4+ years of WWI, we killed 17 million of ourselves. The winter of 1918, the flu killed 18 million.
========================
I see VH1... are putting out "I Love the 90's - Part Deux.

cillic says: To paraphrase Lewis Black, VH1 is to culture what KFC is to chicken.
========================
February 9, 2005 marks the Chinese New Year and the Year of the Rooster. Which yes, can also be thought of as the Year of the Cock. I'll let you giggle over that one a bit.

cillic says: The Cock is nothing to giggle about. WORSHIP THE COCK!
========================
Status Check on Shitkicking-Grinning, Moronic, Asswipe Douchebag in the White House - yep! Still there! Which reminds me, I need to go stock up on hard liquor.

cillic says: I didn't know that John Laroquette's character from Night Court was president.
========================
Someday I want to interview a technician who gives Brazilian bikini waxes...

cillic says: My friend Phaedra over at Phaedra's Philters does waxing now... when I jokingly asked her for a body wax, she said she just gave a guy a brazillian the other day. Thinking about how hairy guys usually are, that must be odd... a bunch of body hair and then spotless gibbly-bits.
========================
I just confirmed through the magic of Tivo that Resident Evil: Apocalypse contains a scene of Milla Jovovich leaping off a building...

cillic says: That assless scene is actually from The Fifth Element... BEST... MOVIE... EVER...
========================
Is there anyone keeping track of how many dirty old men have bought "Girls Gone Wild" - and seen their own daughters on it?

cillic says: More importantly, it's become hard to watch Comedy Central after 10 pm because every other commercial is for that crap. Yeah... that seems like the target demographic for the Daily Show. Even more importantly: WHERE WERE THOSE GIRLS WHEN I WAS IN COLLEGE??????
========================
...I just can't help laughing at the misfortune of others.

cillic says: Mean People Rule!
========================
Ok that's it for now. Stay tuned for more. Someday. Or not. Who knows?

cillic says: I know.

Laura said...

cillic says: The Cock is nothing to giggle about.

That's not what I heard... ;-p