Monday, August 08, 2005

A Day of Crushes

I really am sad about Peter Jennings passing away. I had a crush on him in jr high or high school - maybe both. And I can't believe CNN has already dumped the story from its homepage - in favor of Man forgets wife at gas station. Horrible. I wonder if Fox News carried the story for more than 30 minutes. I do not want to bother finding out.

Today I also got to hear the 1st runner-up for my Lifetime Sweet Baboo title, but I kind of think that one is wearing off, maybe because he lives on another continent. My still-undisputed Champion Sweet Baboo at least lives in Texas. (For those of you reading this thinking "WTF kind of pills is she ON."..."Sweet Baboo" is a title I hand out to men I really like and respect who, for at least one reason (such as being married), I would never consider trying to get with. And no, not every married/otherwise unsuitable man gets this title, you need a little something special to get crowned "Sweet Baboo." Don't bother working for it, you are either born a sweet baboo or you aren't.

I just got done watching The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, which today included THREE of my major crushes - Ed Helms (shut up, LK), Jon Stewart, and the actor Paul Rudd. So much geeky snuggly pale white humor all in 22 minutes - the best 22 minutes of the day. Except for the 10 seconds of Bill Frist talking to Elmo. That was just weird.

4 comments:

Laura said...

Ed Helms??? Stephen Colbert I can see, but Ed Helms? They didn't mention Novak storming off and getting das boot. Maybe that's tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Donna,

I'm hurt deeply. You'd dump me for Ed Helms? Smooches.

Donna said...

I won't back down in my love for Ed Helms no matter what you plebeians say. And yes, Peter Cetera, I would dump you for Ed Helms. Ed Helms is funny, whereas I've seen nothing funny about you other than what happened to your career.

Sadie Lou said...

Paul Rudd is dreamy!