Sunday, August 07, 2005

I Remember...

...when Grape-Nuts used to be harder (you were right, John). When I was little I lost a baby tooth on Grape-Nuts. I don't know why as a kid I even asked my mom for Grape-Nuts instead of the sugary goodness of Frosted Flakes or Captain Crunch. Probably because I was used to Nature Valley granola bars being my only source of "candy". Anyhoo, I had the tooth when I started the bowl and didn't have it when I finished it. Meaning I also ate the tooth. I know, ew. My mom recently bought some Grape-Nuts for herself and Pops, but they thought they were too hard and gave them to me. They are kind of tasty. But they are softer than they were back in the day.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Just like a puppy... they swallow most of their baby teeth with food.

I love grape nuts, but I do think they were harder then. Either that, or I just thought they were harder then but my teeth are stronger now...

cillic said...

grape nuts were edgier back in the day , too. i think that once they signed that multi-million dollar commercial deal, they just started mailing it in, ya know? i mean, seriously, since about 1992 they've been letting the milk do all the work for them...