Sunday, August 07, 2005

Where Do Horses Go When They Die?

I was having dinner with one of my best friends (my two best friends are sisters), and she was telling me she had talked to her sister Debbie (my other best friend).

Debbie apparently called Meeyun and put her on speakerphone. She then asked "Where do horses go when they die?"

Meeyun: "Is this a trick question?"

Debbie: "No. Where do horses go when they die?"

(As Meeyun is telling me this, I think "Heaven. After a stop at the glue factory")

Meeyun: "The glue factory???"

Sounds of Debbie's triumph and gloating at her husband issue forth over the phone line.

Evidently Debbie and her husband had been in the car, behind a horse trailer, and Eric was feeling bad about the horses being stuck in the trailer, when Deb said "It's better than heading for the glue factory," Eric had never heard of this before, so he and Deb had a brisk discussion over her statement's validity. (And yes, all of us do think Alpo in addition to glue factory)

So far the replies to my earlier post have dog food in first place, followed by glue factory (John also told me glue factory earlier) and then heaven. In any case, I hope that eventually horses do end up in heaven. I know a particularly annoying whore who loves horses and any horses she's had contact with certainly must deserve to go to heaven at the very least. And horses in general just seem to be cool and non-judgemental.

No comments: